Whisky from the Seven Kingdoms
- The Knight’s WatchOban43%90Take the Black and live your days at the Wall - you would Think that after thousands of years they would have managed to make a decent ale - at least the whisky they distil is much better.
- House StarkDalwhinnie43%80The Stark Motto - Whisky is coming or is it Winter? Anyhow this will warm you and possibly make you howl like a Wolf or talk with a Northern dialect.
- House LannisterLagavulin46%80Hear us roar is the Lannister’s motto - loud it may be after a few sips of this hearty toast, roar to the tune of the Rains of Castamere.
- House GreyjoyTalisker45,8%70What is dead May never die - drink this peaty Talisker and you do not sow for anyone but Will certainly feel alive.
- House TyrellClynelish51,2%70The Tyrell’s live in the Reach where barley and malt is plentiful - hence they made this lovely cask strength dram to warm the warriors of summer.
- House TargaryenCardhu40%70The Targaryens favourite pastime drink when not burning people or riding dragons - some say it was the lack of liquid Cardhu Gold that drove the King mad!
- House BaratheonRoyal Lochnagar40%70Robert Baratheon drank his way through the Seven Kingdoms and found this lovely dram on his quest - immediately granting the distillers a royal decree.
- House Tully - Singleton of Glendullan, 40%60A favourite dram by the Tully’s of the Riverlands not one to be wasted on the sniggering Frey’s of the Twin Towers.
Try all the houses of the Seven Kingdoms for the humble price of 500,- kr (8 x whisky x 3cl each). Great for sharing!
Speyside, Lowland & Campbeltown
- Benrinnes 13 y.o. The Single Malts of Scotland48%80A 13-year-old Benrinnes single malt from indie bottler Elixir Distillers, distilled in 2007 and matured in a batch of six hogsheads before being bottled as part of the third parcel of its Reserve Cask series. Aromas of caramel, cinnamon, coconut milk and salty sea air fill the nose. The palate offers notes of butterscotch sauce, buttery cashews and caramelised red onion chutney that linger in the finish.
- Ardmore 8 y.o. Signatory Vintage46%90Aged in Bourbon barrel and bottled in a limited amount of 325 bottles, all for the Danish market.
- Glenallachie 12 y.o.85First 12 year distillery bottling since Billy Walker of Glendronach fame took over the distillery. Matured in a variety of casks: PX, Oloroso and virgin oak. Butterscotch and honey on the nose with raisins and mocha in the background. We won’t even bother you with tasting notes - try and find out!
- Glenallachie 10 y.o. Batch 358,2%85Third batch of Cask Strength releases bottling since Billy Walker took over this hidden Speyside gem. Matured in a variety of casks; PX, Oloroso and virgin oak. Nose it and you will find heather honey and toffee with rose hip and spices tip-toeing in.
- Tormore 1988, 28 y.o. The Old Malt Cask50%200One of 391 bottles charged from the sherry butt. This is a lovely sherry-heavy single cask expression coming from along the River of Spey. Lots of red fruits, but still bourbon character with vanilla and pineapple.
- Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 757,9%90This cask strength Glendronach has deep flavors of dark fruit, molasses, coffee beans, melted chocolate, roasted nuts and lingering woody finish given from maturation on Oloroso and Pedro Himènez casks.
- Glendronach 12 y.o.43%70If you want to go for classical sherried whisky - Glendronach 12 is your whisky. It was allowed to age in a combination of Oloroso and Pedro Ximènez casks from Spain, resulting in generous helpings
- Glen Scotia Victoriana51,5%100Victoriana is made with whisky drawn from casks specially selected by their master blended, finished in heavily charred oak casks, at Campbeltown Distillery.
- Glenturret 2001, 16 y.o. 1423 S.B.S.54%1201st fill port pipe. The only whisky on an otherwise rum-known Danish independent bottling company’s portfolio. Whisky matured in port pipes gives well balanced sweetness, supplemented with 54% comfortable sharpness on the palate, followed by the light salty notes on the finish.
- Glen Grant 23 y.o., Signatory Vintage52,3%190Matured in Bourbon Hogshead cask. Nose shows a lot of yellow fruit (mirabelles, pineapples, Reine Claude), caramel and vanilla. Taste immediately prickly white pepper, cardamom and liquorice, followed by apples and pears. Towards the end it becomes bitter like grapefruit, with a long, warm, spicy and bittersweet finish.
Highland & Isles
- Arran 2006, 12 y.o. Private Cask Denmark53,1%110PEATED. This Arran has been aged in the bourbon barrel. The barley was peated to 14 PPM. This fine example represents one of the oldest bottlings to date of lightly peated Arran malt and is exclusively available in Denmark.
- Blair Athol 1995, 22 y.o. Chess Malt57,2%140From a new independent Danish bottler comes their 3rd release a classic Highland gem matured in oloroso sherry butt producing 527 bottles – You don’t need to play chess to enjoy this one but it’s earned the title of black Knight by the bottlers – so better watch out Queenie. Let the game commence.
Islay / smoky /peaty
- Ardbeg - Uigeadail54,2%90Ardbeg, ARDBEG, Ardbeg, ARDBeG, Ardbeg, ARRRRRRRDBEG!!! This is a cask strength version for you lovers of peaty whisky.
- Ardbeg Wee Beastie 570An untamed young single malt from Ardbeg, Wee Beastie has spent five years in a combination of ex-bourbon and ex-sherry casks before being unleashed. Fresh, herbal aromas of pear, cracked black pepper, pine needles, vanilla and honey-glazed ham mingle on the nose with aniseed, green apple, leather and coffee. The palate offers notes of dark chocolate, hot tar, smoked bacon, aniseed and eucalyptus that liner in the finish.
- Ardbeg SCORCH51,7%120This is a rare Ardbeg Committee Release. Oily, creamy, meaningful, with a cloud of sweet smoke - potent, yet highly approachable and enjoyable. Ardbeg delivers again.
- Ardbeg 2005, 12 y.o. Dun Bheagan46%140Hogshead smoky Islay malt. PEAT PEAT PEAT – Sod it!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG. This is from the wonderful independent bottler Dun Bheagan. PS: this is rare AAAAAAAAAAARDBEG only 356 bottles made, it is very special and loves you very much if you try it.
- Lagavulin, 16 y.o.43%70The 16 year old has become a benchmark Islay dram. Thick and rich palate. Big, powerful peat and oak. Long, spicy finish – peat smoke!
- Tobermory 1995, 20 y.o. Murray McDavid46%170At the beginning of it’s journey in the bourbon cask, this Tobermory has been further matured in a French wine barrique from a vineyard in Allier. To the nose, the light floral blossoms mingle with rose, cherry and chocolate that travel on to the palate. Flavours of Kirsch cherries and oak spices, chewy liquorice and floral sweetness culminate into a soft and harmonious whisky – a true example of the art of maturation. PS: This is an extremely rare bottle !!!
- Smokey Joe, Blended Islay46%70Super smoky Islay malt enhanced in sherry casks. Fruity nose, notes of melon & pear with peat smoke. Intensely satisfying smoky Islay malt.
- Octomore 7.4 Virgin Oak, 7 y.o. Bruichladdich61,2%220The world’s most peaty whisky series presents this bold Virgin Oak release. Peated to 167 PPM and at cask strength it sucks you into an uncompromising Octomore affair. Roasted sugar sweetness follows up with plenty of wood tartness, fireplace and spices.
Japanese and Asian Whisky
- Nikka From the Barrel51,4%75Nikka From the Barrel is a blend of grain whisky from Miyagikyo and malt whisky from Yoichi. Three more Japanese whiskies to go in this little series. Full bodied and punchy palate. Plenty of spices, a little caramel and vanilla, and a good mouthful of fruit. Long and warming aftertaste.
- Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky45%80Delightful fruity and spicy whisky. Harmonious blend of dense spices, rich oak, and lemon and orange notes. Distilled on the Coffey Still (No coffee added!).
- Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon40%45Coming from Buffalo Trace distillery lying on Kentucky river banks, where ancient buffalo carved paths twists through the wilderness that led American pioneers and explorers to new frontiers. This deep amber whiskey has a complex aroma of vanilla, mint and molasses. Pleasantly sweet to the taste with notes of brown sugar and spice that give way to oak, toffee, dark fruit and anise. This whiskey finishes long and smooth with serious depth.
- Mitcher’s Small Batch Kentucky Straight45,7%80Fruit and caramel come obvious on the nose while the cinnamon and spices lead you into a sweet vanilla nutty finish. The spice to sweet ratio are about as perfect as you can get. Well done Michter’s!
- Mitcher’s Small Batch Unblended41,7%80Very fruity and sweet, this whiskey from Michter's positively drips with toffee and butterscotch, enlivened by toasty notes and a hint of vanilla and dried fruit. Technically not a bourbon due to its ageing in 'bourbon-soaked' barrels as opposed to new oak.
- Mitcher’s Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Rye42,4%80Dry & spicy, yet fruity at the same time. This rich and aromatic Kentucky straight rye is considered as one of the best ryes on the market.
- Willett Straight Rye Whiskey55,2%75This is an excellent rye-forward whiskey aged in white oak barrels for 3 years. Slightly sour, hints of mint and sweetness on the nose. Solid spicy, cinnamon, wood dryness on the palate. Rye on steroids!
- Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whiskey50%75If you’re searching for a bold spicy rye, you won’t find it here. However, if you have an open mind to a more mellow fruitier rye, you’ve come to the right place. Additionally for individuals who usually drink bourbon but are just exploring ryes, this is a nice “bridging” rye that helps you start to explore the world of ryes without jumping straight into the bolder spicier ones.
The peaches and dried bananas from the nose carry over, and now they’re nicely mixed with white pepper with a dash of spice. Rittenhouse Rye doesn’t have a heavy mouthfeel however it’s also not light by any means. It’s really nicely balanced overall.
- STORK Club Straight Rye Whisky45%60Distilled from selected German rye and aged in individually toasted barrels made from American and German oak. Notes of caramel & spices, dark chocolate & espresso.
Whisky list last updated 26 days ago