Spanish Style Rums
- Centenario Fundación XX Años Reserva, 20 y.o.40%70ZACAPA Killer from Costa Rica. Do you dare to take the challenge? This is a viscous rum that rates favorably with those that prefer a sweet and smooth finishing rum with the qualities of fine brandy.
- Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva, 12 y.o.40%70Venezuelan classic! Rich, sweet and fruity, just how we like 'em. Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva is one of the most awarded rums, with more than 20 awards to its name.
- Diplomatico No1 Batch Kettle Rum47%85One of the limited Distillery Collection rums showcasing alternative distillation processes. The Batch Kettle Still is a semi-continuous distillation system, originally from Canada, where it was employed for the production of whisky. Bold and fruity on the nose, wood tannins, toasted caramel and ripe red fruit flavors on the palate with sweet aftertaste.
- Diplomatico No2 Barbet Rum47%85One of the limited Distillery Collection rums showcasing alternative distillation processes. The Barbet rum is distilled on 2 column continuous still brought from France, Tropical fruit aromas, toasted oak notes on the nose. Slightly dry on the palate with delicate wood and fresh citrus fruit flavors combine the pleasant, long-lasting finish.
- Don Pancho Origines, 18 y.o.40%90Oringines rum is developed by Francisco “Don Pancho” Fernandez Perez, who has worked with rum development since the early sixties. With many years of experience and the desire to create a rum without compromise, he has finally presented to the world the Origines. This is a rum worth waiting a lifetime for, as Don Pancho says.
Origines 18 is a delicious rum with aromas of sweet tea, honey, fresh dates, soft cardamom and figs. The palate contains notes of dried fruits, bourbon and matured plums. A sweet luxurious initial entry on the palate turns to creamy vanilla, then dries to kola nut and brown spice. This is a well-balanced rum with a long oak finish reluctant to leave the palate.
- Guatemala Gran Reserva, Rum Nation40%70High quality molasse rum, fermented and distilled in a traditional column. Once distilled, the rum is transported to the North-West of Guatemala, then transferred into old bourbon casks at 180m altitude above the sea. This rum is aged for 4 years above the Hondo river, where humidity allows to slow down the ageing process, in an almost tropical climate region.
British & French Style Rums
- Charamel 2014, Mauritius, Velier58%100Distilled from pure cane juice in a copper column, left to age 4 years in French oak barrels on Mauritius
- Foursquare Cane Island, Barbados 8 y.o.43%60The base material in tis Barbados rum is molasses, and the distillation type is pot- and column still. This rum has the perfect balance between deep oak and complex spices. It is a typical Foursquare rum, being smooth, authentic and pure. Every single drop of rum has spent a full 8 years in the barrels at the distillery – no refilling of barrels and no “Solera” ageing, but pure and pure and honest 8 year old rum.
- Vale Royal 2006, 12 y.o. Jamaica, Velier62,5%180Another 100% tropical aged bomb from Velier. Although it has a bite of esters and alcohol, this rum is quite elegant with hints of chocolate, figs, nuts and burnt molasses.
- Doorly’s 1448%90A blend of pot and column still that was aged in ex-Bourbon barrels for 14 years in Barbados. Caramel sweetness, tropical dried fruits with warming, long, delicate, only slightly astringent and bitter finish. Close to perfection.
- Panama 2006 Single Cask Plantation45,8%100Aged for 12 years - 10 years in tropical climate, 1 year in Ferrand cognac casks and 1 year in Stauning whisky barrel. Packed with vanilla, tropical fruit and pepper aromas. On the palate you will find malt and nuts with a long peppery finish. Fantastic!
- Boulet de Canon Compagnie des Indes46%90Limited 10th release from Boulet de Canon smokie rum series. Rum originating from Panama and Nicaragua is aged for 6 months in ex. Islay whisky casks. These casks were additionally smoked in a French meat smokehouse. Smokehead’s unusual choice!
- Foursquare Empery56%110Part of the Exceptional Cask Selection Range. Blend of two 14 year old rums: one aged in Ex-Bourbon barrels, another with double maturation (Ex-Bourbon barrels - Ex-Oloroso Sherry barrels). Beautiful notes of stone fruit and sweet vanilla, but this rum is by no means sweet; all this flavor is balanced perfectly with a snappy, spicy gloriously dry finish. Highly approved and recommended by rum aficionados.
- Caroni VSOC, Bristol Classic40%90Trinidad and Tobago’s classic. Lightly sweet and with rather mild spiciness, for a Caroni. A great entry rum if you have not tried any rums from this, now closed, Caribbean distillery. Plenty of dried fruit, oak tree and spices.
- Hamden Estate46%80The Hampden Estate in Jamaica has long produced excellent aged rum, much of which goes into blends, making it a bit hard to come by (indie bottlers do sometimes get their hands on a few casks though). However, the time has come for the distillery to release some of its aged rum itself! This edition is made using pot still rum, is matured in Jamaica and bottled at 46% ABV - and it is excellent.
- Papa’s Pilar60A rum as bold, yet nuanced as Papa Hemingway himself. Solera blended in Bourbon barrels, Port Wine casks & Spanish Sherry casks. Complex notes of vanilla, cinnamon, coffee beans, mouth-coating with a touch of spice, bourbon and apricot.
- Papa’s Pilar Sherry70This variation of Papa’s Pilar is finished in Spanish Oloroso Sherry casks. Brown sugar, oak, caramel, toffee and maple with an underlying nuttiness on the nose. Taste is slightly sweet and uniquely complex.
Rum list last updated over 1 year ago